Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thoughts on the Lisbeth Salander Trilogy.

I've been crushing books lately. I think it's mostly because my favorite two people at work left about six months ago, so I've turned to reading. But since I didn't post anything for six months, I figured I'd start with some short recaps.

The Girl who...Trilogy:
The Dragon Tatoo was great. A bit over the top at the end, but still exceptional. And Lisbeth is one of the most exciting and original characters I've ever encounterd.

Played with Fire: This is now one of my favorite books. Lisbeth kicks ass and doesn't bother with names. An amazing work with great pacing and an astonishing finish.

Kicked the Hornets Nest: Okay, but not enough Lisbeth doing her thing. She spends most of the book in a hospital, leaving Michael to do the work, but it's just not the same. And some of the conspiracy stuff goes a bit over the edge. Still immensely enjoyable, just not as much as the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment